[CMake] Re: CMake and distcc

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 09:28:08 EST 2008

2008/1/17, Rodolfo Lima <rodolfo at rodsoft.org>:
> Eric Noulard escreveu:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> distcc i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc $@
>
> called gcc. This works well and should be IMHO proposed to distcc
> developers because it deals with cmake's way to invoking gcc.

Ok now I understand you don't don't even want the user to know
that s/he is using distcc, thus the masquerade.

> But even
> with it, it would be 'nice' if cmake used i686-pc-linux-gnu, just to
> follow the steps of autoconf. There's no harm in doing that.

I'm no CMake developper but I would say that some
work because you'll have to find out this mangled compiler.

>> When you setup your distcc farm you should either install
>> your cross-compiler with a consistent naming scheme for gcc
>> or symlink the native compiler with the appropriate pseudo
>> cross-compiler name.
> As I said, this is done automatically by the gcc installer.

No so sure for every linux distro,
since on my fedora 7 i686 box I have:

arch is telling that the host is I686
but the only "mangled" gcc compiler is called
'i386-redhat-linux-gcc' which is a symlink to ccache.

and there is no 'i686-pc-linux-gnu'.

And I have no played with gcc installation beside
yum install gcc.

--
Erk