[CMake] building library with different compilers

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jan 17 08:37:08 EST 2008

On 17.01.08 14:21:16, Kalkuhl at boehme-weihs.de wrote:
> Now I'm about to abandon using cmake.
> I can't find a way to examine the different targets in a variable.
> I made the different builddirs by defining subdirs:
> ADD_LIBRARY(ora9i/libora ...
> ADD_LIBRARY(ora10g/libora ...
>
> and now?

Thats not a builddir, you should read up on the syntax for add_library
ind the cmake manpage. You just created 2 targets, one names
"ora9i/libora" and the other one "ora10g/libora".

> The problem is that I want to build both configurations simultaneously.

Then you need to use two PROC_BIN variables, probably also including the
version number and use two add_custom_command invocations.

CMake simply doesn't support reading cmake variables out of the target
properties, except for those it knows and are defined in the cmake
manual.

Andreas

--
You will be married within a year, and divorced within two.