[CMake] My dammed problem with OSX and Qt

Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda leo at alaxarxa.net
Wed Jan 16 12:16:58 EST 2008

Hi,

I'm one of the developers of a free software project [1]. I have made the
transition from qmake to cmake. The project has several targets (one lib and
3 exes, and a lot of plugins).

I can compile the whole project in a GNU/Linux box with:

mkdir build
cd build
cmake ../
make

without any problem. Howeber, when I try to compile the project in OSX, I can
compile the libs, one exec but it fails with the first plugin. I have
isolated the problem in this:

Linking CXX shared library libpluginregistrodeiva.dylib
Undefined symbols:

I don't have any special consideration with the OSX platform (CMake is
wonderfull, isn't it?) but it fails in this. It seems that the compiler, when
link the plugin try to find anything that doesn't find (in linux it finds...)

So, please, have I to make some special consideration about qt, plugins in
MacOSX?

Have I to put some directive, or property when I compile a plugin in OSX?

Best regards,

Leo

[1] https://developer.berlios.de/projects/bulmages/