[CMake] Patch to apply! Changing the default name"CMakeLists.txt"! Introduction to "Common Build System"

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue Jan 15 11:29:35 EST 2008

Martin Lutken wrote:

> Hmm well I see .... It can wait anyway.
> I allready do the include-trick from the general Makefile, but in the
> transitional phase for a large project it would be much easier to be able do
> it that way.
> Maybe it's because I never really used CMake GUI frontends.... Only tried them
> briefly. Since I am trying to construct a system in which you can build and
> configure many (possibly a complete Linux Distribution) in one build, while
> still workinbg perfectly for the individual subprojects I have neeeds which
> are a bit special ....
> But I might add the request to the feature request list...

Sounds good.  If you are using the patch you sent, you should be aware
that the parts of the makefile that invoke cmake when input files change
need to be updated with the correct -f option.

You may also be interested in the import/export library stuff that is
going on in CMake CVS.   We are adding the ability to export a target
from a cmake build so that it can be imported into another project.  So,
you can treat libraries external to your project just like the internal
ones.

Something like this:

find_package(bar REQUIRED)
add_executable(foo foo.cxx)