[CMake] Patch to apply! Changing the default name"CMakeLists.txt"!

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon Jan 14 09:01:01 EST 2008

Brandon Van Every wrote:
> On Jan 13, 2008 10:04 PM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:
>> Many people will run CMake from a GUI and will not be giving a
>> -f flag.  With the patch there would be no way to build a project via
>> one of the GUI's if it required changing the name of the file.
>
> cmakesetup and ccmake would also need -f flags.  Command line users
> and scripts could invoke -f flags just fine.  Shortcuts on Windows can
> be made with -f flags in them if people want to present their builds
> that way.
>
>> If you
>> had two or more sets of cmake files in the same source tree, how would
>> that work?
>
> The same way it works now.  Generally, such files are a case of "CMake
> invoking CMake."

No offense Brandon, but I would like to here from Martin about how he
plans to use this feature.  I am not sure why you would want to have to
co-existing source trees.  Also, I am not sure the same thing can't be
done with if and include.  I am not saying that I won't apply the patch,
I just want to understand the requirement/use case before I do.  I also
don't see people invoking cmakesetup with any flags, it is a gui
program. I would like to here from Martin on how he expects this to be
used from the GUI interfaces to CMake.

Thanks.

-Bill