[CMake] Support for vcbuild in cmake

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Fri Jan 11 09:16:47 EST 2008

David Cole wrote:
> On 1/10/08, *Reggie Burnett* <rykr at comcast.net
> <mailto:rykr at comcast.net>> wrote:
>
>     Is there support for using vcbuild from the windows sdk with cmake?
>

> Not directly, no.
>
>     AIUI, vcbuild is a tool that supports the vcproj file format but
>     without having to have visual studio installed.  Is there a way to
>     tell cmake to generate vcproj files even though visual studio is not
>     installed?
>

> No. Not at the present time. Interesting idea... seems like it would be
> very difficult to implement well in a short amount of time.

Actually, as long as you set these cache variables:

CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM:FILEPATH=c:/PROGRA~1/MID05A~1/Common7/IDE/devenv.com
MAKECOMMAND:STRING=c:\PROGRA~1\MID05A~1\Common7\IDE\devenv.com CMake.sln
/build Release /project ALL_BUILD
CMAKE_BUILD_TOOL:INTERNAL=c:/PROGRA~1/MID05A~1/Common7/IDE/devenv.com

To vcbuild and the correct command line for vcbuild, I don't see why it
would not work.

-Bill