[CMake] Can't get static executable

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Fri Jan 11 08:10:06 EST 2008

Eneko Nieto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to compile Gammu for getting a static executable but I didn't
> achieve. I asked in the Gammu mailing list but the actual maintainer answered
> he didn't know how to configure CMake for compiling statically. More info in
> the original mail.
>
> Could anyone help me?

If you do a make VERBOSE=1 what do you get?  If you have -static as a
flag to the compiler it should link all static.  The issue is if you
have one non-static lib, like libc then it is harder to do with cmake
right now.  However, if you actually have all static libs, then you
should be able to do it with cmake.

-Bill