[CMake] Re: FindwxWidgets and Cross-compiling

Rodolfo Lima rodolfo at rodsoft.org
Sat Jan 5 20:38:49 EST 2008

Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva escreveu:

> # Resource file compiler.
> FIND_PROGRAM(wxWidgets_wxrc_EXECUTABLE wxrc
>   ${wxWidgets_ROOT_DIR}/utils/wxrc/vc_msw
>   )
>
> I guess not, since in this case any resource compiler that is found
> should do, right?

Yes, but if there's no wxWidgets compiled for the build system
installed, we've got a problem, since the system usually cannot run the
target wxrc. On a ubuntu system, wine is automatically invoked to run an
 Windows executable. Is this situation, cross-compiling to windows in a
ubuntu system would work, but that's not a general solution, and I think
there's no other way around this other than not setting wxrc_EXECUTABLE
in those cases. Maybe you could do a check to see if the found program
runs. If it does, set wxWidegts_wxrc_EXECUTABLE. Otherwise, leave this
unset.

Regards,
rod