[CMake] Link commands from nmake

James Bigler bigler at cs.utah.edu
Fri Jan 4 12:32:13 EST 2008

I'm using ICC and nmake to compile some code on Windows XP with the help
of CMake 2.4.7.  It's complaining that "-L" isn't supported.  I want to
see the link command, so that I can figure out which library is causing
the problems.

If I try to do "nmake VERBOSE=1", I can see some of the output, but the
actual command is hidden in a temporary file.  If I look for that file,
it's not there.

Linking CXX shared library myLibrary.dll
         "C:\Program Files\Programming\CMake 2.4\bin\cmake.exe" -P
CMakeFiles\LightNowForMaya.dir\cmake_clean_target.cmake
         link /nologo @C:\DOCUME~1\bigler\LOCALS~1\Temp\nm1C2.tmp

Is there a way to see the commands passed to link or leave the file for
my later inspection?

Thanks,
James