[CMake] cmake 2.4.8 RC 9

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu Jan 3 11:38:08 EST 2008

Mike Jackson wrote:

> On Jan 3, 2008, at 11:25 AM, Sean McBride wrote:
>
>> Additionally, is it normal that the items installed (files and folders)
>> have file owner and group both as 501?  My user id is not 501.
>

> This is an error in the initial packaging. Since OS X PackageMaker uses
> tar (basically) for its archive all the user ids and permissions are
> left over from whomever did the packaging. When I did this sort of thing
> I usually ran a post build script that set all the permissions, user and
> group ids to what was expected, THEN ran packagemaker on the result
> directory tree.

This is all fixed in CVS.  The problems are in CPack.  It requires too
much code moving to get all the fixes into 2.4.8.  I am thinking I will
just yank the ability to move the install for 2.4.8.  We have gotten
along without it this far, and the current fix seems to be worst than
what we had before.

-Bill