[CMake] Adding non-build-related sources to IDE projects

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at lindenlab.com
Fri Feb 29 19:25:21 EST 2008

Is there an appropriate way to cause an IDE like Visual Studio or Xcode
to present entries for source files such as .h files and .xml files,
which do not get compiled?

I'm currently listing those files as sources for library and executable
targets.  This doesn't work very well: I have to make sure I'm not
generating a Makefile, because then the files are listed in the Makefile
rule and cause compilation to fail.  Under Xcode, doing this causes lots
of build warnings as xcodebuild complains that it has no rules for .txt
or .xml files.

Is there a better way?

	<b