[CMake] Re: CMake and Lua

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Fri Feb 29 10:09:27 EST 2008

Rodolfo Schulz de Lima wrote:

> The main issue with CMake script isn't when writing a build script, but
> when writing auxiliary stuff, like a more elaborate Find*.cmake. Just
> look at FindwxWidgets.cmake to see what I mean...

Thanks for the feedback.  I am wondering if there is something that can
be done in CMake c++ code to make writing a Find module like wx widgets
easier.   Maybe regular expressions in the find_* commands would help.
Lots of the verbosity comes from finding different names for libraries
and paths.  I think that has come up on the list or the bug tracker
recently.   The new break and return could clean it up some more, and
the use of lower case would make it look nicer.

-Bill