[CMake] CMake and Lua

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Fri Feb 29 00:59:40 EST 2008

At 2/29/2008 12:39 AM, Brandon Van Every wrote:

> >  Again: *deal*.
> >  February 29th, 2010 *precisely*.
> >  Special CMake/Lua day, the 29th.
>
>Or No Deal.  2 years is a number you've inappropriately reused from an
>unrelated context.

You are right, I apologize. Bill said:
         "we might have two official languages someday"
then a guy, let's just name him B.V.E, took "someday", a magic eight
ball, and probably a raccoon to extrapolate right away:
         "I think if the automated translation tool had proven itself
for a couple of years, it would be perfectly reasonable to force
people to move on (to LUA). So there is still that 2 year window [...]"

Now it is true, I went a little too far by translating "a couple of
years" to "2 years". It obviously meant, "a couple", as, you know, a
"loving relationship of years". That was inappropriate, and probably
illegal in many American states.

>I'm willing to give Bill some time to think about the "undoability"
>of CMake --> Lua translation

Great. And by "some time" you mean "someday", therefore "2 years",
right. The time the automated translation had proven to work. Now you
just need to prove it. OK, sorry, prove it *again*. I don't want to
waste your time anymore, time that could be spent proving away.

Cheers