[CMake] Xcode project generator and Xcode 3.0 (Leopard)

Jens Hannemann j.hannemann at ieee.org
Thu Feb 28 14:32:15 EST 2008

Hi folks,

before I file this as a bug, I want to make sure I'm doing it right.

I have a small demo project that codes up the classic dining
philosophers problem using Qt4 to demonstrate deadlocks in the high-
performance computing class I teach. I basically have two classes -
Fork representing a mutex and Philosopher representing a thread, each
with a header and implementation file.

CMake (both 2.4.8 and the cvs version as of today) generates correct
makefiles and KDevelop3 projects. But in Xcode 3.0, the header files
fail to show up in the project, and no dependencies seem to be
generated. This means I can modify the headers without Xcode
complaining or the build system triggering a recompile.

Also, for the Philosopher class, a moc file is correctly being
generated. But additionally, a spurious moc_philosopher.cxx.rule file
shows up in the source file list that Xcode complains about. I can
safely manually remove this file from the project and everything still
works.

Here's the CMakeLists.txt file I use:

---- snip ---
PROJECT(dining_philosophers)

CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED(VERSION 2.4 FATAL_ERROR)

FIND_PACKAGE(Qt4 REQUIRED)

INCLUDE(${QT_USE_FILE})

SET(dining_philosophers_SRCS
     main.cpp
     fork.cpp
     philosopher.cpp
)

SET(dining_philosophers_MOC_HDRS
     philosopher.h
)

QT4_WRAP_CPP(dining_philosophers_MOC_SRCS $
{dining_philosophers_MOC_HDRS})

ADD_EXECUTABLE(dining_philosophers ${dining_philosophers_SRCS} $
{dining_philosop
hers_MOC_SRCS})

TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(dining_philosophers ${QT_LIBRARIES})

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks,

Jens

--
Dr.-Ing. Jens Hannemann --- j.hannemann at ieee.org --- GPG Key Available
University of Kentucky -- Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering