[CMake] CMake and Lua

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Feb 27 20:58:03 EST 2008

Brandon Van Every wrote:

> That's 2 cantankerous languages and a rather general problem domain.
> CMake script is a rather limited language.  Not that hard to map it to
> Lua.

I don't know, I have heard about people using CMake for a general
purpose language....  :)

I don't think I have any idea what every single project using CMake is
doing with the language.  It would be much safer and easier to continue
to support it in the core of CMake.  I just don't believe that
translation can work, and the fun part is that it can't even be proved
that the translator works 100% of the time...  Anyway, I think we have
beat this horse enough for this thread.  Arguing about a future
hypothetical perfect translator is a waste of time...

-Bill