[CMake] Compile only, no link

jean-daniel.michaud at uk.bnpparibas.com jean-daniel.michaud at uk.bnpparibas.com
Wed Feb 27 06:43:35 EST 2008

Hello,

  I'd like to know if it's possible to create a project, add source files
to it, make those sources compile to objects, but do not create any
executable or library.
  Something like:

PROJECT(someproject)
ADD_SOURCE_FILE(this.cpp that.cpp)
# define some c flags here
COMPILE_SOURCE

  And after the make, I would end up with this.o and that.o, but no
executable.
  I can't use custom command, because, I'd like the CMakeFiles to produce
some proper IDE project files, with the source files in it.
  Can't find anything in the mailing list or doc to do this trivial thing.

  Thanks for your help.

JDl

This communication is confidential, may be privileged and is meant only for the intended recipient.  If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by reply and delete this message from your system.  Any
unauthorised dissemination, distribution or copying hereof is prohibited.

BNP Paribas Fund Services UK Limited, BNP Paribas Trust Corporation UK Limited, BNP Paribas UK Limited,
BNP Paribas Commodity Futures Ltd and Investment Fund Services Limited are authorised and regulated by
the Financial Services Authority.

BNP Paribas, BNP Paribas Securities Services and BNP Paribas Private Bank are authorised by the CECEI
and AMF.  BNP Paribas London Branch, BNP Paribas Securities Services London Branch and BNP Paribas
Private Bank London Branch are regulated by the Financial Services Authority for the conduct of their UK
business.  BNP Paribas Securities Services London Branch is also a member of the London Stock Exchange.