[CMake] General questions

Yang Zhang yanghatespam at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 04:34:46 EST 2008

Hi, I just finished reading the example in the documentation on the
website, and am left with a few beginner questions off the top of my head:

- How do I generate multiple versions of my program (debug, profiled,
optimized, etc.)?

- Can cmake auto-generate and cache transitive dependencies via
#includes (best described in Peter Miller's paper "Recursive Make
Considered Harmful")?

- Can cmake auto-infer libraries based on #includes + a DB of
header-to-library mappings?

- Can cmake generate autotools inputs (for POSIX-portable
preferably-GNU-compliant packaging)?

Thanks!
--
Yang Zhang