[CMake] absolute rpath

Jörg Becker news at elke-joerg.de
Wed Feb 20 11:02:51 EST 2008

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a possibility to set relative rpaths with cmake. For
our windows people I have to deliver everything with rpath '.', so they can
copy all shared objects into the bin directory and everything works (like on
windows) without changing any path or environment variable.

I understand the problems using relative paths within the cmake process (while
configuration and compilation) and I don't have any problem with that. But
installing a program means leaving cmake and entering the real world. And
here it should be possible to use relative (r)paths. Up to know I used make
and automake. Both allowed me to set relative rpaths. I really want to leave
the automake hell and use cmake, but I have to use 'rpath .'.

Thanks for any suggestion,

Jörg