[CMake] Re: XXX_DIR

Fernando Cacciola fernando.cacciola at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 14:01:48 EST 2008

Hi Alexander,

> On Tuesday 19 February 2008, Fernando Cacciola wrote:
>> Hi people,
>>
>> According to my experiments in 2.4.7, XXX_DIR seems rather special.
>>
>> Consider a CMakeLists.txt containing just "find_package(XYZ)"
>>
>> Run "cmake ."
>>
>> You'll see the error:
>>
>> CMake Error: XYZ_DIR is not set.  It must be set to the directory
>> containing XYZConfig.cmake in order to use XYZ.
>
> Usually you shouldn't need to set it.

Usually maybe.. in the case of my users, they will have to set it to point
to the XXXConfig.cmake of my library in order to use it.

> What do you want to do

Understand the way XXX_DIR works.
My post shows just that by experimentation, but I wanted to confirm the
results.

>what doesn't work ?

The documentation.

It should better explain the details of this "magic" variable (magic in the
sense that cmake itself uses it).

Best

--
Fernando Cacciola