[CMake] What does debug-output do?

Daniel daniel at connect2.com
Mon Feb 18 04:53:33 EST 2008

Daniel wrote:
> I have tried using the --debug-output command line option but it doesn't
> seem to change anything.  Can someone elaborate on this?  I'm not trying
> to debug anything in particular just curious.
> --
> Daniel

I found this in the man page now that I'm no longer in Windows:
"Print extra stuff during the cmake run like stack traces with
message(send_error ) calls."

So let me rephrase my question, Is this the only command that outputs extra
info?  What would be great is a message command that outputs only when this flag
is set but doesn't cause the build to fail, that way you don't need to remove
any trace messages once things are working.
--
Daniel