[CMake] Re: function and raise_scope commands (+ unset bug)

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 06:09:01 EST 2008

On Feb 17, 2008 6:01 AM, Pau Garcia i Quiles <pgquiles at elpauer.org> wrote:

> As a reminder, here comes the nomenclature in Ruby:
>
> Scope               Prefix           Example
> -----               ------           -------
> global variable     $                $global
> instance variable   @                @instance
> local variable      lowercase or _   local
> constant            uppercase        Constant
> class variable      @@               @@class_var

Could be viable.  Notice that none of your descriptions use the word
'scope', nor do they talk about parents.  Well when I'm more awake
I'll think about the wordsmithing.  I keep wanting to work the word
'call' or 'caller' in somehow.  If you're altering the caller's variables,
why not talk about the caller?

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every