[CMake] Re: function and raise_scope commands (+ unset bug)

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Sun Feb 17 06:01:15 EST 2008

Quoting Brandon Van Every <bvanevery at gmail.com>:

> I have to admit, PARENT_SCOPE nomenclature bugs me.  I don't know of
> any mainstream programming language that explicitly asks me to think
> about scope when setting a variable.

Ruby asks. But it does so in a so nicely and clear way that you
actually like it because code is more readable.

As a reminder, here comes the nomenclature in Ruby:

Scope               Prefix           Example
global variable     $                $global
instance variable   @                @instance
local variable      lowercase or _   local
constant            uppercase        Constant
class variable      @@               @@class_var

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org