[CMake] parallel builds for ctest

James Bigler bigler at cs.utah.edu
Fri Feb 15 18:11:27 EST 2008

Is it possible to get ctest to do parallel builds on systems that support it?

I'm using a configuration file that looks something like this:

# Where the source code lives
SET (CTEST_SOURCE_DIRECTORY "${CTEST_SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/..")
SET (CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY "${CTEST_SOURCE_DIRECTORY}/build-ctest-sse")

# Make sure we always reconfigure cmake stuff from scratch and don't
# rely on previously built libraries
SET (CTEST_START_WITH_EMPTY_BINARY_DIRECTORY TRUE)

SET (CTEST_CMAKE_COMMAND "cmake")
SET (CTEST_CVS_COMMAND "svn")

# A smoke test only builds the code and doesn't run any tests, so we
# exclude all tests here
#SET (CTEST_COMMAND "ctest -D Nightly")
SET (CTEST_COMMAND "ctest -D Experimental")

SET(CTEST_INITIAL_CACHE "
   BUILDNAME:STRING=SSE
   BUILD_TESTING:BOOL=ON
")