[CMake] Dependency checking for D

Tim Burrell tim.burrell at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 18:10:40 EST 2008

> Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 19:30:08 +0100
> From: Alexander Neundorf <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net>
>
> On Wednesday 06 February 2008, Tim Burrell wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I'm one of the maintainers of the CMake module for the D programming
>> language (http://dsource.org/projects/cmaked), and currently the module
>> works really well, with one exception: dependency checking.
>>
>> Since D uses an "import" method which is very similar to java, I'm
>> wondering if it would be possible, or if there'd be any way to convince
>> CMake to use the java dependency scanner when compiling D files?
>>
>> Failing that, is the dependency system user extendable in any way?
>>

> Yes.
>
> But not that much.
> The C/C++ dependency scanner can be influenced by setting the  variable
> CMAKE_<language>_INCLUDE_REGEX_SCAN to another regular expression which
> matches the language (D). I don't know if this would be good enough for D.
>
> Then there are the Java and Fortran dependency scanners. I don't know much
> about them, if you want to influence them probably something has to be coded.
> I don't know how similar to D they are.

The D import statement is so similar to Java that I think it might
(mostly) work.  That being said, if I want to try to influence the C++
scanner, are there docs anywhere on that INCLUDE_REGEX_SCAN?  I did a
quick search but didn't turn up much.

I assume the C++ scanner wouldn't work well for Java style imports
otherwise there wouldn't be a separate scanner for Java eh?

Thanks,

Tim.