[CMake] CMake and eclipse

Maik Beckmann beckmann.maik at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 3 04:05:28 EST 2008

Am Sonntag 03 Februar 2008 00:52:35 schrieb Giualian Sander:
> Hi gents,
>
> I'm new to cmake, and I've found a project called CMakeBuilder (
> www.cmakebuilder.com) across the internet.
>
> I'm a C++/Autohell developer from years (let's says decades !) And I found
> interesting the visual approach of this tool, especially for understanding
> CMake structure and syntax.
>

> Even if it's beta right now, I think it brings some "easy to
> learn"-capability to CMake
>
> Do anyone of you know about the upcoming features as described on
> eclipseplugincentral.com ?
>
> I'm currently in charge of a "from scratch" project, working with a lot of
> eclipse/C++ developers, and I'm not willing to maintain a AutoHell
> configuration on such a scale.
>
> Thought I'm conviced that CMake is the right choice for me, is such a
> plugin a good choice for me ?
>
> Thanks for your advices....
>
> BRgds
>
> Giualian Sander

Hello,

I'm using eclipse+cdt+cmake every day.  The only eclipse plugin I use for
cmake is a syntax highlighting editor
  - http://www.cthing.com/CMakeEd.asp

I don't know the eclipse generator of cmake or the commercial plugin you
mentioned and don't feel used to consider them, because I don't see any need
for them.

The attached tar contains the common cmake project structure I use.  There is
a toplevel Makefile which handles the make+cmake logic (file:Makefile for
linux,solaris and mingw on windows; file:nmake.mk for msvc and intel on
windows) .

As you see it's not tied an IDE.  Everyone can do her/his work with the
prefered editor i.e.: VS, eclipse, sun studio, emacs, vim or even notepad.

Best Regards,
 -- Maik