[CMake] Re: Re: Re: FindQt4 in 2.4.8 bug

Fernando Cacciola fernando.cacciola at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 14:11:03 EST 2008

Hi Hendrik,

> So you want to give NOTFOUND an even more special status than all the
> other negative variable values?
Don't get me started on the existence of all these negative values, or on
the fact that there is just a string type, or the fact that not even that is
actually true as there is a list pseudo-type coerced in a string, or... OK,
I'll stop here.

NOTFOUND could very well have an even more special status, or meaning to be
precise, than all the other negative values, because it says exactly what it
means, so it makes perfect sense not to keep this value if another one is
available. It's not at all like overwritting FALSE with TRUE, OFF with ON,
etc.

,> This is not even close to being  backwards-compatible.

Letting bugs pertuate is not keeping backwards-compatibility.

Why do you want the existing behavoir?

When *exactly* do you want to keep the NOTFOUND and *why*

Keep in mind that as I said is not like reseting FALSE, OFF, etc

Best

Fernando