No subject

Mon Dec 15 09:51:36 EST 2008

-mountroot path mount volumes in path instead of in /Volumes. &nbsp;path must exist. &nbsp;Note that mountpoint paths must be less than MNAMELEN characters (90 as of this writing).<br>
This limit is easily hit by the mounting of the temporary dmg (tmp.dmg) in the Bundle Generator and causes it to fail.<br>
May I suggest that, instead of mounting into ./_CPack_Packages/OSX-<br>
Universal/Bundle/mnt/ instead /tmp/cpackmnt/ is used instead or the mountpoint parameter omitted and the Volumes mountpoint is used instead?<br>
I can write a patch if necessary but it should be a trivial fix (if agreed).<br>
I am concerned that /tmp/ would not be unique enough, what if two cpacks run at the same time?<br>
-Bill<br>
My vote is for /Volumes since that is where OS X mounts everything else and is the expected behavior for mounting disk images on OS X.<br>
As far as duplicate names go in /Volumes there must some sort of API because I mount USB multiple thumb drives all the time and each has the name &quot;UNTITLED&quot; but yet they all mount.<br>
There is also the option:<br>
-mountrandom path &nbsp;like -mountroot, but mountpoint names are randomized with mkdtemp(3). &nbsp;Note that mountpoint paths must be less than MNAMELEN characters (90 as of this writing).<br>
Which would probably just solve the problem in combination with mounting in /Volumes.<br>
Just my 2 cents.<br>
---<br>