[CMake] PATCH: Eclipse CDT4 Generator (bugs 8205 and 8212)

Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva miguelf at ieee.org
Tue Dec 30 21:49:34 EST 2008

Hello,

I have generated a patch that will EscapeForXML the corresponding
entities in the Eclipse CDT4 generator. Basically, it provides a
function that will replace the <,>,\",& values in a string for the
corresponding escape values.

Note that the apostrophe (i.e., single quote) is not escaped since
eclipse automatically replaces it back to the original single quote.

This addresses the following two bugs, which should be closed when applied:

Note that I grabbed the piece of code from a few files that have this
code duplicated:

  Source/cmLocalVisualStudio7Generator.cxx
  Source/CPack/cmCPackPackageMakerGenerator.cxx

and now

  Source/cmExtraEclipseCDT4Generator.cxx

I'll let the more experienced developers decide if there is a need to
consolidate this and remove the code duplication or if I should be
using an already consolidated function in the CMake source.

--Miguel