[CMake] CMake's Dependency Scanner - Disabling?

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon Dec 29 22:36:50 EST 2008

Naram Qashat wrote:
> Is it possible to disable CMake's implicit dependency scanner?  I
> understand that it is probably a helpful feature on many projects, but
> on the project I'm working on, I opted to explicitly define the
> dependencies instead and would like to save a bit of time during
> compiling by not scanning for dependencies.

No, not really.

You could try using the include_regular_expression command to set the
regex to something that did not match anything.  That should speed
things up and almost have the same effect.  CMake would only read direct
files.

However, this seems a risky thing to do, as keeping your depends
up-to-date will be difficult.  As long as none of your users complain on
the CMake mailing list about things not rebuilding when they should, I
guess that is your problem... :)

-Bill