[CMake] How to set Windows DLL version information

sherman wilcox wilcox.sherman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 01:50:41 EST 2008

Hi, I am trying to find information about how to add version
information to Windows DLLs. Something like adding a resource to the
DLL so that specific version information (product version, name, etc.)
shows up when the DLL properties are displayed. Simple file-version
resource stuff (VS_VERSIONINFO) - I see a line in the changelog that
indicates CMake seems to support something like this. The line I'm
referring to is:  "add support for windows dll version numbers" - I'm
not having much luck locating any information on the topic though. Can
anyone nudge me in the right direction?