[CMake] Delayed build of shared lib when building static and shared

Gavin Beatty gavinbeatty at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 07:21:48 EST 2008

Hello,

My project builds using a proj_static and proj_shared target and
changing the OUTPUT_NAME property on each.

_Only_ on SLES 10sp1 have I run into the problem where the shared
library is not build after a make. A second make builds the so.

Here is a test case:
<CMakeLists.txt>
project(test)

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6)

add_library(shared SHARED source.cpp)
add_library(static STATIC source.cpp)
set_target_properties(shared static
    PROPERTIES OUTPUT_NAME          newname
)
</CMakeLists.txt>

<source.cpp>
void do_nothing()
{
    return;
}
</source.cpp>

Removing the set_target_properties call causes the so to be created
after the first make (as normal).

I am using cmake-2.6.2 built from source. The same test case builds
successfully after first make on any other system I've tried.

--
Gavin Beatty

SEMPER UBI SUB UBI