[CMake] Add configuration support to include_directories()

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Tue Dec 23 00:21:31 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 11:27 PM, Robert Dailey <rcdailey at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 9:23 PM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>wrote:
>

>>     Investigate CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR.
>>>

>>> I believe for Visual Studio output, this will be $(OutDir), right? If
>>> this is the case, this is a visual studio environment variable that will
>>> have no meaning when used in CMake scripts.
>>>

>> It is . when not in VS, and $(OutDir) when it is.  So, you can say
>> /foo/bar/bin/${CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR}/runit.
>>
>> It will be /foo/bar/bin/./runit with makefiles.
>> It will be /foo/bar/bin/$(OutDir)/runit with VS projects.
>

> Keep in mind this is for include directories, which will not work with
> visual studio environment variables. I need to statically tell CMake which
> include directories go along with what configuration. I don't believe this
> can be done at the moment, at least with visual studio generation.

Just curious, why would you ever want to have two different include
directories, one for debug and one for release?  It doesn't seem like a very
good idea to me, but then again perhaps there is a good use case for this.
How many header files are affected?  I assume you are aware of and have
rejected using the NDEBUG definition for your problem (via a 3rd wrapper
file for every affected header file)

--
Philip Lowman