[CMake] How can I add -gstabs to the compile item for Debug?

Kermit Mei kermit.mei at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 00:34:20 EST 2008

Bill Hoffman wrote:
> Tyler Roscoe wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 01:33:45AM +0800, Kermit Mei wrote:
>>> c++ -Wall -gstabs(or -g)  main.cpp hello.cpp -o main
>>>
>>> How can I use cmake to do the same thing?
>>
>> Add your -g flag to CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS or I think you can use
>> ADD_DEFINITIONS("-g").
>>

> It would be better to edit the CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_DEBUG cache variable.
>
> add_definitions(-g) is bad for a several reasons...
>
> It will break for compilers that do not accept -g, it will add -g to
> release and optimized builds.
>
> -Bill
hello, I use CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_DEBUG like this:

cmake -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_DEBUG="-g" CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr ..

But the result is:

This GDB was configured as "i486-linux-gnu"...
(gdb) b main
Breakpoint 1 at 0x80487b3
(gdb) r
Starting program: /home/kermit/Project/FreeRecite/build/bin/FreeRecite-core

Breakpoint 1, 0x080487b3 in main ()
Current language:  auto; currently asm
(gdb) n
Single stepping until exit from function main,
which has no line number information.

It is obvious that the debug information haven't been included. Why?
Is there something wrong when I use the cmake command?

Thanks.
Kermit