[CMake] How to set registry keys, Start Menu stuff, etc.?

Brad Aisa Brad.Aisa at Colorado.EDU
Thu Dec 18 20:21:47 EST 2008

I tried to find documentation for this somewhere, but couldn't... I'm
happy to get a ref to relevant documentation, instead of a specific
answer...

The Windows version of my project builds, and I can run the INSTALL and
the files go where I want them. But the final steps of my install will
require setting some registry keys, making Start Menu items, etc. We
then want to send this to cpack to make packages. What is the way to do
this? I know about the "cmake -E set_regv" command, but am not clear how
I would use this in my CMakeLists.txt file. Would I create a
"install(CODE ..." dude of some kind? Would I create some kind of
"add_custom_command" that would get triggered at install time? How would
I create Start Menu guys? Thanks for any tips!