[CMake] xxx_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY is not

Brad Aisa Brad.Aisa at Colorado.EDU
Thu Dec 18 14:48:49 EST 2008

I have set
CMAKE_xxx_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY (LIBRARY RUNTIME ARCHIVE)
at the top of my CMakeLists.txt
I then confirmed it had this value for my target properties.

But when I build, MSVC adds an additional Target subdirectory, which is
not what I want. For example, I want this generated:

C:\MyProject\lib -- generate lib files into here

When I did a printout on target1, it was this:
Target: target1 LIBRARY_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY=C:/MyProject/lib

but when I actually build, I get this:

C:\MyProject\lib\Debug -- files generated into here

How can I suppress the addition of this extra level of subfolder?

Thanks!