[CMake] Multiple CMakeLists.txt in the same directory

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Thu Dec 18 11:29:40 EST 2008

Consider a CMakeLists.txt file as if it were one of your project files. You
will use the CMakeLists.txt file to generate project files after converting
to cmake. You should be able to write one that references your source, just
as you reference your source from your existing VS project files.

The source can exist in any directory you want it to, you just have to
reference it correctly from within the CMakeLists.txt file. It's only by
convention and history that CMakeLists.txt files typically reference source
files in the same directory.

Does that make sense?