[CMake] Problems with Intel Fortran 11 on Windows XP

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Dec 17 15:13:59 EST 2008

Tormod.Ravnanger.Landet at dnv.com wrote:

>> You will see the version part.  Let me know if it works after that
>> change.  Then I will have to figure out if I can detect the
>> version of
>> fortran and set the version automatically.  Seems that you can have
>> various versions of Fortran with various versions of VS.
>
> I changed the version number in the CMake source code, recompiled CMake
> and it worked like it should. Thanks!
>
> For the list and search engines: to make CMake 2.6.2 work with Intel
> Fortran 11 and the Visual Studio 2008 generator, CMake has to be patched
> at the moment. The problem is that the generated .vfproj files are not
> compatible with the Intel Fortran v. 11 integration with Visual Studio.

OK, but we can't just apply the patch to CMake as it would break the
older version of Fortran.   Is there a way to detect which version is
installed from the registry or something?  I am glad you are working,
but to get a solution for everyone, we need to go the extra mile and
some how automatically put the correct version in the file and not break
older versions of Fortran.

Thanks.

-Bill