[CMake] running executables linked to a dll in the build directory

Ladanyi, Akos ladanyi at tmit.bme.hu
Mon Dec 15 13:53:29 EST 2008

Hi,

My source tree consists of a library, and some test programs for the
library. The library is built as a dll, and the test programs link
against the import library of this dll. When I try to run the test
programs (in the build tree), they fail, because they can not find the
dll. What is the proper way of solving this with CMake?

The only solution I found in the archives is setting
RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY so that the dll and the executables end up in
the same folder. Is there a better way?

regards,
Akos Ladanyi