[CMake] Problems with Intel Fortran 11 on Windows XP

Arjen Markus arjen.markus at wldelft.nl
Mon Dec 15 04:37:14 EST 2008

>> Hi,
>>

> The output with VS2008 is:
> H:\Work\test_cmake_fortran_windows\build>cmake .. -G "Visual Studio 9
> 2008"
> -- Check for working Fortran compiler: C:/Program
> Files/intel/Compiler/11.0/066/fortran/Bin/IA32/ifort.exe
> -- Check for working Fortran compiler: C:/Program
> Files/intel/Compiler/11.0/066/fortran/Bin/IA32/ifort.exe -- broken
> CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake
> 2.6/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/CMakeTestFortranCompiler.cmake:25 (MESSAGE):
>   The Fortran compiler "C:/Program
>   Files/intel/Compiler/11.0/066/fortran/Bin/IA32/ifort.exe" is not able
>   compile a simple test program.

> ... the output is the same as in the previous mail.
>
> Thanks for any help, I would really like to be able to generate a
> Visual Studio Project to compare CMake to a manual Visual Studio
> setup as some here do today.

This looks suspiciously like the kind of errors you get if the
environment is set incorrectly, that is, if you have not run
ifortvars.bat before running CMake.

(Another possibility is that there is a mixup between MinGW and
plain Windows: I have that sort of problems with another compiler
combination.)

What happens if you compile and link a small program by hand on
the DOS prompt?

Regards,

Arjen