[CMake] Question about install()

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 13:55:20 EST 2008

I did a little more research into CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR and it's a little bit
weird.

First of all, it uses $(OutDir) in visual studio instead of $(IntDir) as the
documentation says it will use.

Secondly, the linker output file in Visual Studio is set as an absolute path
instead of using $(OutDir). If I set CMAKE_ARCHIVE_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY for a
static library, it changes my output file for the library to output to the
correct directory in an absolute way, however $(OutDir) still remains the
same, whereas it should reflect the changes made to the output directory in
CMake. Why the inconsistency? By changing CMAKE_ARCHIVE_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY, I
can no longer use CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR to figure out where the binaries will be
placed at "post build event" time.