[CMake] Question about install()

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 17:33:22 EST 2008

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 4:25 PM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>wrote:

> Robert Dailey wrote:
>

>> After much research, I've found out that CMake cannot provide a custom
>> command (Post build event) to a specific configuration in the case where
>> CMake is used to generate a multi-configuration target, such as a visual
>> studio project. This is a HUGE problem for me. Are there any work-arounds
>> for this issue? Does this issue plan to be addressed in a future release
>> (Hopefully soon)?
>>

> Exactly what are you trying to copy?  I might be able to figure out a
> workaround if I had a better idea of what you were doing.
>
> (please keep the example  small... :)  )

Sure. Sorry for the lack of details.

I have a directory that contains DLL files that I need to copy to the
directory at which my executable is built. However, the DLL files that I
copy over are different depending on the configuration that was used to
build the executable. For example, if I've built my executable using the
DEBUG configuration, I need to copy over DLL files named foo_d.dll,
bar_d.dll. If RELEASE was used to build the executable, then I need to copy
over foo.dll and bar.dll. Since the debug/release executables are placed in
different directories by CMake when they are built, the destination location
for the DLLs also changes across configurations as well.