[CMake] Should changing, adding or removing add_definitions call trigger a recompile of affected files

James Bigler jamesbigler at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 12:38:22 EST 2008

I'm using CMake 2.6.3R5 on WinXP 64 using VS 2005 building a 32 bit binary.

When I changed a CMake option it removed a call to add_definitions.  The
flags used to compile the project now changed.  I thought I remember (and
perhaps this was when I was using Makefiles more), that it should trigger a
compile on the files that are now out of date.

After configuring from cmake-gui, I clicked generate and the project
reloaded.  It started to compile, but everything was up to date. ???

Is this the intended behavior?  I thought it used to cause recompiles of the
affected files.

Thanks,
James