[CMake] cmake 2.6.3 RC 5

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Mon Dec 8 16:10:29 EST 2008

On Monday 08 December 2008, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 December 2008, Bill Hoffman wrote:
> > I have a release candidate (RC 5) for 2.6.3 ready for CMake.
>
> I just built kdelibs and kdepimlibs svn trunk with current 2-6 branch of
> cmake and didn't notice obvious problems.

Just a small thing:
I'm slowly converting a few of the FindFoo-modules from kdelibs to the new
Config-style.
E.g. for automoc4 our FindAutomoc4.cmake looks (basically) like:

set(_FIND_QUIETLY ${Automoc4_FIND_QUIETLY})
find_package(Automoc4 QUIET NO_MODULE)
set(Automoc4_FIND_QUIETLY ${_FIND_QUIETLY})

include(FindPackageHandleStandardArgs)
find_package_handle_standard_args(Automoc4  DEFAULT_MSG  AUTOMOC4_EXECUTABLE)

The slightly ugly thing is the saving and restoring of the
Automoc4_FIND_QUIETLY variable.
I want to call find_packlage( NO_MODULE) with quiet, otherwise the user sees
the verbose built-in error message if no Config-file was found. But I don't
want this, since I just want the standard error message from
FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake and even if the Config-mode fails, I
could still have my own handling and do some other searching.
Because of this I want to use QUIET for the NO_MODULE, but still want to
_FIND_QUIETLY variable as the user put it for the outer FindFoo.cmake file.

So, I think it would be nice if find_package(NO_MODULE) would restore the
FIND_QUIETLY variable to the state it was before (as I'm doing here
manually).

Alex