[CMake] Question about install()

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 12:49:10 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 11:09 AM, Michael Jackson <
mike.jackson at bluequartz.net> wrote:

> Someone created some cmake code to do just this exact thing earlier this
> year. I have been trying to hunt it down in the archives but just keep
> coming up empty. I have some code for an "install" rule. You could put that
> code in a separate cmake file, configure the file during cmake time, and
> then run it as a process.
>
> Here is some code that I use for an actual "install".
> <snip>
>
> This assumes that the library you are trying to copy has CMake variables of
> the form ${basename}_LIB_DEBUG_NAME which boost does.
>
> For instance in my project that I use boost, I have the some boost
> variables of the type:
>
> Boost_FILESYSTEM_LIBRARY_DEBUG
> Boost_FILESYSTEM_LIBRARY_RELEASE
>
> Those variables will hold the correct name for each platform that you are
> compiling on. You could try replacing the INSTALL(.. ) command with some
> commands to copy the files.

Thanks for the code snippet Michael.

It just occurred to me that creating a python script to do the copying might
be the best approach. However, I still need a way in CMake to
add_custom_command() to a specific configuration, such as debug or release.