[CMake] Can't get include() to work!

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 00:21:48 EST 2008

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 8:41 PM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>wrote:

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End-of-line
>
> "    * LF:    Multics, Unix and Unix-like systems (GNU/Linux, AIX, Xenix,
> Mac OS X, FreeBSD, etc.), BeOS, Amiga, RISC OS, and others
>    * CR+LF: DEC RT-11 and most other early non-Unix, non-IBM OSes, CP/M,
> MP/M, DOS, OS/2, Microsoft Windows, Symbian OS
>    * CR:    Commodore machines, Apple II family, Mac OS up to version 9 and
> OS-9
> "
>
> So, it is just a \r in this file, and not a \r\n.   \r\n is Windows, and
> unix uses \n only.
>
> I guess the problem is in the lexer CMake uses, and not the C++ library...
>  It uses \n as the line ending.  That works on but unix and windows, but not
> with \r only mac files.
>
> I suppose we could put a check to see if a file has no \n, but lots of \r,
> and complain that it is an invalid file.   Robert, how did you create the
> file, was it the default for some editor?

The problem isn't about MAC line endings not working. I could care less
about line ending requirements, I'll go with whatever works. The main
problem I have is that CMake didn't TELL me what the problem was. It should
have said, "Hey dummy, your line endings are unacceptable. Please change
them to LINUX line endings". That would have saved me hours of time!