[CMake] Future of debian package generator?

Johannes Dohmen johannes.dohmen at web.de
Mon Dec 1 08:38:06 EST 2008

Hi list,

ok, my question is already in the subject.

After some tests I like the idea of packaging debs with cmake [0] very
much, but I would like to know how the future plans for this feature are.

I will describe why I'm uncertain of it's future:
AFAIK Mathieu Malaterre implemented the packaging of debs for cmake
(thank you very much!) and was criticized by the debian developers for
not doing it the "right" way.
Mathieu tried to improve the packaging for getting more accordance by
the debian developers. All this can be read in the debian-devel mailing
list.
The last mail from Mathieu at this list with reference to cmake was this:
http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-devel@lists.debian.org/msg261679.html

I did not find anything regards the future of the debian packaging on
the cmake website or the mailing-list so far...

So will there be a deb-packer in cmake 2.8? Is there any hope to get the
blessing of the debian developers for it?

Greetings from Germany
Johannes

[0]:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:CPackPackageGenerators#DEB_.28UNIX_only.29