[CMake] CMake doesn't accept multiple entries for a variable on the commandline

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Mon Apr 21 08:36:48 EDT 2008

When you say it doesn't work, is it because you do not see the value in the
cache editor or in your CMakeCache.txt file or is it because the flags are
not used in the make files...?

Do you have any code in any CMakeLists.txt files that manipulate the
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS variable?

If you want to see the value in the cache, you need to give it a type as
well (the ":STRING"):
"-DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS:STRING=-pedantic -g3 -O0"

HTH,
David