[CMake] cmake 2.6 cross compilation for WINCE

Andreas Pokorny andreas.pokorny at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 09:27:26 EDT 2008

Hi,
We currently use cmake-2.4-8 and embedded visual c (evc) 4.0 to build for
armv4 WinCE5. I plan to upgrade the project to cmake-2.6 soon. Then I will
probably make use of the cross compile feature.

Right now we simply include a cmake file containing the settings required for
WinCE. With that file we can only reflect the configuration required
for CE-5.0 EVC
and armv4i. But various other combinations are possible cl-2005 instead of EVC,
mips instead of armv4i, or any other version/flavour of CE.

Do you have any suggestions how to organize the toolchain files?

I attached our current configuration.

Another issue when configuring a build for EVC/CE5 is finding the compiler
and the SDK. I do not expect to find evc in the current path, neither
do I expect
to find the SDK in the $LIB and $INCLUDE environment variables, should I?
To work around that we expect the developer to set several varialbes:
EVCINSTALLDIR PATH "Embedded Visual C++ installation directory"
WINCESDKDIR  PATH "Windows CE SDK Directory"
prior to running cmake. Are there cleaner solutions?

When looking at the new qt gui of cmake I was very pleased!

With regard to cross compilation it would be cool to have a dedicated
field to enter the toolchain file. Since it has to be set prior to running
cmake.

kind regards
Andreas Pokorny