[CMake] FindBoost.cmake updated on the bugtracker

Doug Gregor doug.gregor at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 17:59:19 EDT 2008

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 3:52 PM, Mike Jackson <imikejackson at gmail.com> wrote:
>  And just to add some more info about boost:
>

> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_35_0/more/getting_started/windows.html#identify-your-toolset
>
>  Under the "Toolset" column is "gcc" with the following description:
>  gcc
>  The Gnu Project
>  Includes support for Cygwin and MinGW compilers.
>
>  So, boost is directly supporting MinGW.

That means that Boost's build system knows how to deal with MinGW,
although MinGW isn't one of the "official" supported platforms:

  http://www.boost.org/users/news/version_1_35_0

> So should FindBoost.cmake.

I agree, of course; FindBoost.cmake should work on as many platforms as we can.

>  Now.. if we could just convince Boost to switch to CMake from bjam..

I can't predict if or when that will happen, but there are those in
the Boost community who are working toward that goal:

  http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/CMake

  - Doug