[CMake] NSIS start menu settings through CPack

Markus Israelsson markus.israelsson at sensegraphics.com
Wed Apr 9 09:53:49 EDT 2008

Hello,

Bear with me, I am new to this list.

I am currently working on generating CPack configuration files through
CMake. I am using NSIS to generate an installer for windows through
CPack. Apart from the fact that I am relatively new to cmake and cpack
it is all going fine. I did run into a problem with adding start menu
items through CPack.

The start menu items I want to create goes something like this
"myprogram.exe" "arguments". This is not possible with
CPACK_PACKAGE_EXECUTABLES nor CPACK_NSIS_MENU_LINKS. I have a work
around though, I am using CPACK_NSIS_EXTRA_INSTALL_COMMANDS to add NSIS
script commands. In the end the generated string in the CPack config
files get to big for the buffer to handle so I guess I will have to find
some way to make them shorter (edit my template to create some function
to shorten commands in CPACK_NSIS_EXTRA_INSTALL_COMMANDS ).

I did find out on some list that there is a property called
CPACK_NSIS_MENU_LINKS but this does not seem to work since it is not
taken care of in the the NSIS.template.in that is used. Is this property
not part of release 2.4.8?

Since I can not find any simple way of doing this anywhere in the
mailing lists or using google I thought I should ask here. Is there a
simple way to do what I want through CPack?

Regards and thanks in advance,
Markus